What's between CAD Management and AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
These days I celebrate 3.25 years as CAD Manager in a Mega Project. I Have some insights I’ll be sharing soon but, it it seems that it’s time to Reinvent myself again:
Transition CAD Management from Humans to Robots…
Why move CAD management to AI?
- 1st, CAD Management (& BIM Administration) is expensive. CAD enforcement will demand precious time and affect Schedules.
- CAD Management – Designer Iterations are limited by working hours. Maintaining a 24/7/365 option costs, are not really an option
- These have consequences: High cost due to delays, malpractices, lawsuits exposure, etc. Furthermore….
- ..At the end of the day (Design Phase or more likely, As-Built/As-Made Phase), Bad Shape files won’t properly migrate to NEXT-STEP-SYSTEMS such as GIS Based Assets &/or Facilities MGMT.
AI in the CAD Management Robot
Simply as Google, Amazon, Netflix or Spotify:
Based on the Game Theory – Using Mathematical Models to interact with Decision Makers – In our Case Through Use of CAD Standard Compliant vs Non-Compliant files.
Creating AI Engines could revolutionize the way Document comply with Standards but here are some basic assumptions about the results:
- Automated Service will Minimize Server-Designer iterations from Multiple to Singular and will be available 24/7/365 Significantly shortening CAD/BIM Related Issues & letting the designer to better focus on the design.
- One Project Focal Point will interact w/the System till the CAD Standard is Complete (At the beginning of the project).
- When Ready the Robot will automatically FIX all that can be automated and lead the Designer through a Session in which it will guide the designer on Fixes that can be implemented only by the Designer.
The CAD Management Robot Project is fascinating ..!..!!
Being part of a Team that is going to really take Decades of accumulative knowledge and Pay it forward is overwhelming!